Thursday, June 11, 2015

Artistic Inhibitions

    When I was younger I was really into art and even wanted to grow up to be an artist. Imagine my excitement when my parents got a letter from my school saying that my artistic skills were really promising and that I should be put into advanced art classes. However, all of my excitement was quickly drained out me when most of my friends and family members started to point out how unartistic I was and how I would never make it as an artist. As a result, I started to notice all of my failings as an artist because I couldn't draw or paint or do anything nearly as well as other members of my art class. Even though I eventually found that what I truly want to do for a living isn't consistent with the dreams my younger self had, I still enjoy "artsy" things like blogging, writing poetry, and doodling. And yes, I do consider that art because to me art is "the expression or application of human creative skill and imagination". What one person considers junk can be what another person considers art and that is okay. I do regret letting what others said, regardless of how important they were and still are in my life, stop me from doing something that I loved because now I'll never know how great I could have gotten at being able to express myself through other artistic outlets. 
                                              :3DrawDrawI want to try this sometime!!!!art in another formDraw                              Beautiful ArtPretty😍✌️ OjoUntitled ...

No comments:

Post a Comment