Monday, July 14, 2014

High Heels Don't Always Bring Out Your Best Qualities

   Ever since I can remember I have been told how astounding high heels are. Not only do they give you better posture and help your body shape look more defined. They also exude confidence, power, and femininity. Sadly, this is a shame for me because I cannot walk in high heels to save my life. When I wear heels I don't ooze power, confidence, or femininity. Instead I look like like a scowling newborn deer. This isn't because I haven't practiced and practiced and practiced walking in high heels. No matter how much I practice I never get better and it is too painful for me to walk around in them. I know that most women who wear heels do suffer high heel pain from time to time and maybe I should just suck it up and wear high heels anyways. Yet, even when I am wearing tennis shoes my feet still hurt. This is because apparently, the limbs in my feet are loose and so, whenever I take a step my feet become flat. My feet do naturally have a curve in them but the curve will disappear once my feet have made contact with the ground, thus my feet end up losing any support or cushion. Although once in a while I have worn high heels, I tend to stay away from them because my feet already hurt as it is and I don't need to be giving them more pain then they already go through. I admire women who can wear high heels but I do not believe that those heels exude power, or confidence, or femininity. It is the woman behind the shoes that has all of the power, confidence, and femininity. In my case high heels only serve to immobilize and distract me from either doing my job or having fun. Maybe high heels are a tool that women use to reveal all of those amazing qualities that they have. Regardless, the truth is that no matter what shoes you end up wearing if you aren't already confident, or anything else for that matter, the shoes aren't going to change that. It might seem as if they have transformed or bettered you, but that's only because you chose to let them change you.
                      

No comments:

Post a Comment