Monday, May 26, 2014

Why Your Only Goal In Life Shouldn't Just Be Money

  I wouldn't exactly say that I grew up in poverty. I mean sure my kitchen, living room, and bedroom might have been my parent's bedroom. There were moments in my life where I didn't have my own bed and sometimes I had to resort to sleeping in our closet's floor. But my parents, now they know what true poverty is. They know what it feels like to sleep in a house made of mud, they know what it feels like to have nothing but beans and fruit to eat for days and days, they know what it feels like to walk to school in worn out sandals two sizes too small. Despite that my parent's have other dreams and goals in life that don't include having a lot of money. I will admit that there are days in my life where I want nothing more than to be so rich that I never have to work again a day in my life. Where I'll be able to get anything I want whenever I want. But I can't let that be my only goal in life or my only reason for existing.  I've heard so many stories of people who are rich and yet they are so unhappy. All they have in their lives is money. I don't want to ever be like that. Besides some of my happiest memories are when I was living in that one bedroom "house". I wouldn't trade anything that I've been through or anyone that I've met and love for money. Yes, money is necessary for survival but it it shouldn't be you're only source of happiness or the only want you have in life.
             

No comments:

Post a Comment